Ever feel like you’re really good about turning others towards the positive or really good at uplifting others, but when it’s your turn to be motivated and encouraged, you find it harder to motivation yourself? It can seem easier to give someone a positive outlook for their life, because you’re not the one living it. But when it comes to facing your own hardship, you can’t find the words to say to yourself to turn the situation around? If you said yes to these questions, then we are one in the same.Continue reading “When the Encourager needs the Encouragement”
Self- Care. (N)
care of the self without medical or other professional consultationDictionary.com
The word basically tells you what it means, to take care of oneself. As parents, friends, and family members we often spend our time doing for others instead of doing for ourselves. These types of situations make me think of the quote “you can’t pour out of an empty cup”. Meaning you can’t be of help to others if you can’t even help yourself. It is so important to set aside time to take care of yourself, whether it be physically, mentally, or emotionally. For some of us, it can be hard to take the focus off the ones we love and put that focus on ourselves. But can I tell you that taking care of yourself is one of the most important things that we can do. We can’t accomplish much, chase our dreams, or take care of our loved ones if we are stressed and burnt out.
I remember a time when I didn’t make self-care a priority. I would pour myself out to the ones around me without focusing much on taking care of me too. But when I learned how to set aside time for me, I was less stressed and was able to take care of my family better than before. Self-care doesn’t mean completely abandoning those you love or your responsibilities, it just means making sure you make time for you too.
Not sure of where to start? Here are some easy ways to give yourself some much needed self-care!
1. Go to lunch/dinner by yourself.
2. Get your hair/nails done.
3. Take a bubble bath/hot shower
5. Sitting in a quiet, dim room with candles, focusing on slow breathing
6. See a movie alone or watch TV alone (streaming apps included)
8. Reading a book in a peaceful place
9. Get a massage
10. Go shopping for yourself
11. Clean/organize your house/room
12. Making time for your hobby
13. Take a nap
14. Listen to music and relax
15. Write a list of all the things you’ve accomplished and are thankful for to create a satisfying feeling of gratitude
All of these are great ways to spoil yourself and take some time to focus on you. Some of these may or may not work for you. The best advice I could give would be to think about things that make you feel happy or relaxed and integrate that thing into your schedule. Make time for self-care in your schedule and don’t flake on yourself! Pick a time/day and stick to it!
What do you do for self-care? I’d love to hear about it!
With Lots of Love,
With “Love Day” approaching, are you looking for a playlist that will set an atmosphere of love for you and your special someone? Here are some of my top love songs of all time!
- Over and Over Again x Nathan Sykes feat. Ariana Grande
- Whenever you call x Brian McKnight feat. Mariah Carey
- With You x Chris Brown
- All of Me x John Legend
- If This World Were Mine x Luther Vandross
- For the First Time x John Legend
- Best Part x Daniel Caesar feat. H.E.R
- Unconditionally x Katy Perry
- Share My Life x Kem
- Flaws and All x Beyonce
- King x Tamar Braxton
- Conversations in the Dark x John Legend
- I Choose You x Kiana Lede
- Every Kind of Way x H.E.R
- When I Look At You x Miley Cyrus
- Until the End of Time x Justin Timberlake
- Adore You x Miley Cyrus
- Simply Amazing x Trey Songz
- It Won’t Stop x Sevyn Streeter feat. Chris Brown
- The Happy Song x JoJo
- Like I’m Gonna Lose You x Meghan Tainor feat. John Legend
- Blessed x Daniel Caesar
- I’ll Be x Edwin McCain
- Easy x Ella Mai
- Forever Aint Enough x J. Holiday
Some of these are oldies but GOODIES! So if you’re looking to set an atmosphere of love while out with your BAE, set up this playlist and let the music take you there!
What are some of your favorite love songs? I’d love to add them to my list!
With Lots of Love,